Before you can purchase and receive tokens ERC20 tokens, you will need a secure ERC20 wallet to keep these tokens.
There are many wallets for cryptocurrencies out there, but not all of them are compatible with ERC20 Standard Tokens.
WARNING! Make sure you:
- do not use a centralised exchange wallet;
- have access to your private keys, when you provide the public address of your ERC20 wallet.
List of ERC20 compatible wallets
- MetaMask provides solid experience in browser.
- Trust one of the best modile wallets.
- Coinbase Wallet mobile wallet by famouse exchange.
- Pillar good wallet with unique twist and it's own token.
- O3 Wallet
- Status Wallet
- Opera is the browser with build in wallet.
- Torus - web based wallet
- Trezor - hardware wallet
- Math Wallet
- D'CENT Wallet - hardware wallet
Comparison of ERC20 wallets
For your browser, I recommend Metamask wallet, which is one of the most secure and easy-to-use top wallets used by over 1 million users. For your mobile phone: Trust wallet or Coinbase Wallet. Getting a wallet with MetaMask is relatively easy and straightforward. Please follow instructions and you will get your unique wallet set up in less than 5 minutes.
There are definitely more wallet vendors out there that are compatible with ERC-20. Ones like Argent, Pillar, Dharma, Rainbow, O3 Wallet and many more. It comes down to what you are looking for. Even Reddit now has a wallet somewhat compatible.
Though I tried all of the above, I would still recommend 🦊Metamask for its flexibility to adjust gas prices in hard times. 🙈
For everyone: Do your own research about security measures and other features that you are interested in a wallet.