Holdex is a web3 startup studio headquartered in Hong Kong with the team distributed around the world. Since 2016, we are heavily vested in decentralized technologies.
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of decentralized technologies that empower inclusive financial systems.
Which Problem Are We Solving?
Remote business and work has been booming in the last few years. With it, more than 2 billion adults worldwide don’t have access to banking services to enable them go remotely. Holdex emerged to help innovators who share the same mission launch and grow the adoption of decentralized services. UNDP and other development organizations are actively supporting the development and use of cryptocurrency to improve economic participation and cross-border transactions. Along with the 2023 banking crisis and more banks to shut down on the rise, the people’s money problem and inclusivity needs to be addressed.
We strongly believe in our vision and our team’s core values. These values help us to align with and eventually enjoy the process:
- “Dream Big” - it's important to set ambitious goals to challenge the status quo. Otherwise, it's not worth it.
- “Do the Right Thing” – if you do something “right” but it is the wrong thing to do, your efforts will be in vain.
- “Keep it Simple” – simplicity is a major key to success. The most complicated skill is to be simple.
- “Own it with Passion” – we believe in taking ownership and responsibility for our work. We encourage a mindset of accelerated learning as you “figure it out yourself” and the drive to go beyond expectations. We are passionate about what we do and understand that the success of our business is dependent on us.
- “Be Open” – expand your horizons by challenging your beliefs and embracing new knowledge, ideas, and opportunities. See things from the perspective of others and you may uncover potential missteps and grow in your understanding. Open your mind to learn and grow, strengthening your self belief. It's not failure that matters, but the ability to get back up after falling.
- “Keep the Focus” – to achieve our team goals, ask “what is our biggest obstacle?” and focus on the next actionable step. Continuously review our goals to ensure that your actions are aligned. Identify areas of improvement constantly to streamline resources and enhance business efficacy.
How We Work
Driven by the mission and values, we partner with founders to build and launch inclusive financial products. So far, we have worked with more than 40 web3 startups.
At the moment, we partner only with 3-5 startups per year which lets us have a deeper relationship with our portfolio companies .
- Shared resources and domain knowledge
- Practical expertise
- Access to a professional network, including industry talent.
Primarily, we build products from the ground up, but we also help revamp existing businesses to find a product-market fit.
Our work ethics are funded on our team values and core collaboration principles . We enjoy working with people, not roles, who share these principles . Both, values and principles, serve as the foundation for how we approach our responsibilities and how we interact with each other. In uncertain moments, our principles help us navigate and execute assertively. By upholding Holdex principles , we strive to create a positive and productive work environment that promotes innovation, accountability, and continuous growth.
The Team Behind Holdex
Behind Holdex is a like-minded group of experts who share decades of experience in startups and venture building. It includes some of the best executives, engineers, and operators ready to team up with the next co-founders.
- Vadim Zolotokrylin – CEO & Co-founder. Serial entrepreneur and technology enthusiast.
- Mark Curchin – Partner & Co-founder. Mark is a design-driven entrepreneur and crypto enthusiast who co-leads the firm’s initiatives.
- George Ciubotaru – Partner & Co-founding member. George is a curious technologist and crypto enthusiast. He accelerates new and existing companies and specializes in team/culture building as well as ruthless execution.
- Predrag Lapadatović – Product
- Artem Gordadze – Partner, Capital Markets.Artem is an accomplished Venture Partner at Republic and advisor to Axelar Network. He actively assists startups at Holdex in constructing and expanding their secondary markets, facilitating token listings on major exchanges, and establishing relationships with top market-making firms.
- Gareth Hayes – Engineering Management Mentor at Holdex
- Giorgia Pellizzari – Advisor & co-founder at Holdex.Giorgia has started her web3 journey with Holdex in 2016 as a co-founder and COO. For years she specialized in Agile product development and helped to roll out products in collaboration with Outblaze (Animoca Brands), Spotify, Apple Music, and Holdex. Now she is Head of Custody at Hex Trust.
- Adam Vaziri – Advisor at Holdex.
- Anthony Sar – Advisor at Holdex.
We are always open to collaboration with professionals and enthusiasts, especially when it comes to team building and partnerships. If you share the same vision about decentralization, please get in touch and introduce yourself. Check the careers available at Holdex or connect for the best startup partnership opportunities with us.