We don’t violate our principles but we are open to discovering better ways to improve
Table of Contents
As part of our team, it's important to align yourself with these principles.
✨ Our Principles
- We align with the goals and execute them. Goals are the big-picture we always keep in our heads. They are propelling our mission further. To achieve the goals, we decompose them into smaller problem statements.
- We act as leaders and co-own the product. We define the work backlog ourselves and no manager feeds us tasks. We take responsibility for solving the problems.
- We are agile and deliver new increments daily. We decompose big problems into smaller ones, so we can complete them in not more then 4 hours.
- We value our time. We have only one meeting with the team per week - that simple. We all work autonomously, communicate asynchronously and collaborate ad-hoc. Once a week we demo what we’ve accomplished.
- We wear many hats. We code, design, test, write articles and hack things on Fridays because we love it. We’re here to build great products with like-minded people.
- We figure things out ourselves. We learn terminology, read documentation, watch tutorials or ask for information to learn from ourselves.
DOs and DON'Ts
|✅ Do’s||❌ Don’t|
|Focus on what matters. Do the right thing.||Work on problems that don’t bring value to our goals.|
|Take ownership of the problem you are solving.||Run from responsibility.If you are running let others know about it and explain the difficulties you face.|
|Put yourself in the user's shoes. Make sure you create things, not break them. Test your work well before claiming it’s complete.||Expect someone to test your work.|
|Before switching off, leave updates where you left off so others can pick it up from there.||Blackout and expect someone to chaise you.|
🕑 Availability Time
Most of the team members are remote. However, we expect everyone to overlap work hours between 2-6 PM HKT daily.
🧰 Our Tools
When you just start working with us, please make sure you have access to the following tools.
|Github||Task management, source code storage, collaboration. Read our practice on how we use GitHub .|
|Calendar||Plan and book meetings|
|Google Chat||Discuss urgent or private matters.|